Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Short Story on Thanksgiving Kindness

The following was simply too difficult for 140 characters:

During the beginning of 4th Block today, I took notice to a conversation in the front office between a female student and a male student.  These students did not know each other personally.

Here's a reminder of how people continue to be capable of incredible kindness, and how it's even more remarkable when it is a teenager:

A female student asked our front office staff if [male student] could be called out of class to the office.  When he walked in, she approached him and said, "I overheard you say in the lunchroom that you didn't have anywhere to go for Thanksgiving.  I was wondering if you would like to join me and my family for Thanksgiving?"

She asked for his phone number and said, "I'll call you tomorrow so we can figure out how to get you over on Thursday."



I restrained myself from acknowledging the incredible act of kindness, as I was pretending to not eavesdrop.  Eventually, I will share how this student absolutely blew me away with her kindness.  In fact, maybe she's read this post.

I can't even know for sure if the male student will actually spend Thanksgiving with the girl's family.

Regardless, I hope this short story of kindness and unselfishness provides a reminder of consideration for those who may not be as fortunate.

We can all learn from her and for this, I say 'thank you.'  And I couldn't have been more proud of her.

CS

3 comments: