Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Lottery-Style Beatdown - F3 Highlands

  • When: 07/25/2017
  • QIC: Powerball
  • The PAX: Gordo, Half-Cocked, Klean Up, Alcatraz, Barrister, Othello, Pavarotti, Snip, Handy Man, Late-Bloomer, Sandman, Drop Cloth, The Nanny, Chavez, Buffalo Bill, Butterfly, Gump, Bling, Disaster, Shazam

21 PAX ignored the warning of a theme on Twitter and still showed to help me celebrate my One-Year "PAINniversary."  Shovel flag was planted and the extended disclaimer was given (with a school-based theme: "No school can be held accountable if you are injured during the beatdown.").  Extended mosey through the the lower parking lots with high-knees, butt-kickers, and karaokes included and finished at the bus parking lot for Warmarama.
WARMARAMA:
  • Side Straddle Hops x 15
  • Imperial Storm Troopers x 15
  • Cotton Picker x 15
  • Mountain Climbers x 15
  • Merkins x 15
  • (In honor of Phelps vs. Shark) Michael Phelps' x 15
Mosey to the bus parking lot for...

THE THANG:

For my one-year PAINniversary, QIC wanted to create a workout that aligned with my namesake.  Therefore, our Lottery-Style Beatdown was created.

The PAX lined up across the parking lot, facing the bucket for a Lottery-Style random assortment of exercises. (Some mumblechatter for QIC's blue pumpkin Halloween bucket).  Each PAX takes a turn to sprint to the bucket and pull out a ping-pong ball, calling out the exercise written on the ball.  The ball is placed in the other bucket (more mumblechatter for the Minions bucket) for probability without replacement.  PAX immediately complete the exercise (on their own) and the next individual repeats by sprinting to select another ball.  Lottery includes the following 18 sets:

10 Burpees
7 Burpees
5 Burpees
20 Merkins
15 Merkins
10 Wide-Merkins
20 Carolina Dry-Dock's
15 Side-Straddle Hops
20 Air Squats
15 Air Squats
10 Jump Squats
10 Lunges (each leg)
20 LBC's
10 WWII Sit-ups
20 Dealer's choice
15 Dealer's choice
10 Dealer's choice
Jailbreak to Basket and back

Communicated Goal was to reach 30 sets.  Tremendous effort and hustle allowed us to reach 40 sets.  While each ball was randomly selected, there still seemed to be angst towards the PAX who pulled the 10 Burpees ball during set number 40.  This was appropriately deemed the last set by QIC.

Mosey to the upper parking lot for...
MARY:
  • Low Flutter x 20
  • Pretzel Crunch x 12 (Flapjack)
  • The W x 12
  • Box Cutter x 12 (Dealer's Choice - @KleanUp)
  • Cockroach x 12 (Dealer's Choice - @Bling)
COT and BOM
THE MOLESKIN:

Today's beatdown took on the "Lottery" theme, due to the narrative behind my F3 name of "Powerball."  I felt very appropriate to have a theme today, even though some (no names mentioned) tend to frown upon themed-beatdowns.  It certainly has been an extremely quick first-year of F3 for me.  I will always be in debt to @TheForce for his continuous and steady EH'ing, which he successfully landed me to Isotope one hot and extremely muggy July morning.

Furthermore, s/o to @TheNanny for taking me under his wing during my first posting at F3Highlands and @Alcatraz for spotting me some gloves beforehand.

It's almost difficult to imagine what my world was like before I was introduced to F3.  I have always had strong influences of fitness, fellowship, and faith in my life; last summer, I was infused with the opportunity for all three to be joined.  I like to think I am a better husband, dad, leader, and servant one year later.  For that, gentlemen, I thank you.

In addition, thank you for the positive feedback on today's workout, primarily with the creativity.  Maybe it will make a return sometime.  

Two announcements:

F3MECA shirts are still available for pre-order until 11:59 PM tonight.

Join us Thursday for @Google's Farewell Tour.

It was an honor.  See you in the Gloom!

Powerball

No comments:

Post a Comment