My man Derek McCoy recently included me in the PLN Blogging Challenge, which has been spreading throughout Social Media on the blogosphere. Derek is, without a doubt, one of the biggest influences in my Professional Learning Network. His collaboration and leadership helped co-create the #ncadmin community, which has challenged to stretch my own learning. While we have never actually met face-to-face, Derek was greatly impacted my leadership as a school administrator through his continuous impact on education, technology, and 21st Century learning.
Therefore, I gladly accepted his challenge.
The first requirement is to share 11 random facts about me:
1. While I am a die-hard University of Michigan fan and have been as long as I can remember (the "GoBlue" in my Twitter handle), I was born in South Bend, Indiana. My family lived there for only a short time...not long enough to develop ANY alliance to Notre Dame.
2. I attended the last Detroit Lions playoff win, a 38-6 win over the Dallas Cowboys, in 1991. I was eight years-old.
3. I served as Best Man in a wedding when I was 10 years-old, including the Toast at the reception!
4. Through my K-12 schooling, I attended a Private School (K-3), Catholic School (4-6), and Public School (7-12).
5. I was Baptized, received my First Communion, and Confirmation all on the same night.
6. I was the Prom King.
7. My proudest moment in high school was being awarded the inaugural Michael Rohen Memorial Scholarship, named after our late-Varsity Basketball Coach, who had passed away suddenly only a few months before, during our senior season. I still have the "COACH" wristband in my office we all wore to finish the season in his honor. He was also a math teacher and attended Western Michigan University, as did I.
8. After graduating from college, I moved to North Carolina after interviewing over the phone for a teaching position. I packed a U-Haul, found a place to live, and didn't know a single person. (Spoiler to next fact: my future-wife did pretty much the exact same thing one year later.)
9. While we are both from Michigan, my wife and I met at Hopewell HS in Huntersville, NC. She is an English teacher and we had many common students in 2005-2006. They would joke about "how we should date" and "we were perfect for each other" BEFORE we even considered seeing each other. I finally asked her out on Valentines Day in February that year; I was coming back into the school after practice and she was staying late, grading essays. We celebrated our five-year anniversary this past October.
10. My daughter's middle name is Lana, which means "little rock". Craig means "rock".
11. I eat two Peanut Butter-and-Jelly sandwiches every day during school for lunch. I started my first-year teaching and still continue this tradition today. It's not that I even love them, it's simply part of my routine.
My Answers to Derek's Questions
The 11 Members of My PLN I Am Challenging:
1. Bianca Yavelak
2. Chris Goodson
3. Andrew Tomasson
4. Jill Thompson
5. Steven Anderson
6. Jayme Linton
7. Dale Cole
8. Jeff Carpenter
9. Heather Mullins
10. Someone who has been wanting to blog and this can be your first post
11. Anyone who participates in #ncadmin chats
Your 11 Questions:
1. What actor/actress would play you in your life story?
2. Who is your biggest inspiration?
3. What are three adjectives which best describe you?
4. You have only one CD to listen to for 2014. What is it?
5. What is the best book you read in 2013?
6. Where is your dream destination for a vacation?
7. What is your favorite movie of all-time?
8. What App can you not live without?
9. What was your initial college major?
10. If you could have dinner with any living person, who would it be?
11. Why do you do, what you do?
The Guidelines of Your Challenge:
1. Acknowledge the nominating blogger.
2. Share 11 random facts about yourself.
3. Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
4. List 11 bloggers, excluding the blogger who nominated you.
5. Post 11 questions for the bloggers you have listed to answer.
6. Let the bloggers know you have nominated them.
7. Post back here in the comment section a link to your post.
Happy New Year and thanks for reading!