In an effort to address concerns raised by teachers and still move forward with ending pre-payment as called for under the 2011 law change, the N.C. Association of School Administrators and the N.C. School Boards Association gave the committee chairs a slightly revised proposal from the previous array of pay date options that we had endorsed. The revised proposal from NCASA and NCSBA would do the following:
- Delay the ending of pre-payment until July 1, 2013 for all districts.
- Require all school districts to provide their first paycheck by Aug. 31 each school year but include pay only for the days worked.
- Allow for district flexibility with the establishment of pay dates that would follow the initial August pay date.
- Allow for multiple payroll checks each month.
- Enable an early payroll date in December.
Here is the revised proposal from the NCASA and NCSBA Regarding Pay Date Options for School Districts in North Carolina
To all educators in North Carolina, make sure to follow this story. It impacts all of us!
Thanks for reading and follow me via Twitter @CSmithGoBlue
The opinions shared in this blog belong to Craig Smith and do not represent the school or district in which he works.